• To establish personal and professional development opportunities that add value to Virginia’s transportation programs and ITSVA members through information exchange, position taking, networking, and advocacy.
• To provide a forum for fostering partnerships that can lead to economic development and job creation among private firms and between the public and private sectors.
• To develop and implement education and outreach programs that support ITSVA’s mission and increase awareness of ITS technology among state and local officials, transportation professionals, and citizens.
• To advocate legislative agendas that support ITSVA’s mission consistent with our organizational status; To serve as a private sector voice to promote the advantages and benefits of ITS technologies for safety, efficiency, economy, and traveler convenience.
• To partner with the Department of Transportation
, the Department of Rail and Public Transportation, and other public agencies to carry out a high quality ITS program.